by : Johannes Lehmann, Stephen Joseph
by : Erina Sulistiani, Samsul Ahmad Yani
ISO 9001:2008 Certified
ISO 17025:2005 Certified
SEAMEO BIOTROP Experimental Field has an area of 4.57 Ha.
The experimental field is used for field experiments and plant collections, mainly to support researches, nursery field and for the importance of training courses conducted by SEAMEO BIOTROP.
Based on its present usage it is divided into :
- Tree collection : Teak, Duabanga, Albizzia (Cepu), Kuku (Sulawesi), Agarwood, Shorea, reforestation trees, etc.
- Arboretum for forest trees : Shorea, Pinus , vetiver root, etc.
- Experimental field for annual crops : application of herbicides , insecticides, fertilizers and other agro-chemicals; research on Pogostemon cablin, vetiver aromatic roots, saitomo, etc.
- Jatropha garden
- Collection of medicinal plants, ornamental plants, etc.
- Shed and processing unit for compost sludge